- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 sandwiches
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ciabatta or other artisan bread rolls
- 1 Cup romaine lettuce or arugula
- 1 Pound chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 4 jarred roasted red peppers, cut into large strips
- 8 Slice (about 8 oz.) muenster cheese
- Preheat the broiler to high. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, basil, chives, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cut the 4 sandwich rolls in half; spread herbed mayonnaise on the bread. On the top bun, place the romaine or arugula. On the bottom bun, place the sliced chicken and strips of roasted red pepper. Top the chicken and red pepper side with 2 slices of muenster cheese and place under the broiler until the cheese melts. Place the top on each sandwich and serve immediately.
*Another option is to use sliced turkey lunch meat instead of chicken breast.